A Bed Bugs is a wingless insect that moves around by walking. They do not fly or jump. Bed bugs are carried to new various locations on a supporting host, in luggage or on clothing.
A female bed bug may produce 200 or more eggs throughout her life time.
Bed Bugs are not always associated with filthy living conditions. Bed Bugs require a host for survival. Human, pet or other to regularly feed on a blood meal.
Bed Bugs shelter in and around rest or sleeping areas, in mattress seams, furniture seams, bed frames, carpet , behind loose wall paper and in and around picture frames.
Things to do to help prevent a bed bug problem
- If treatment is required- seek a licensed pest technician for treatment and advice
- When returning from holidays wash all clothing in hot water and machine dry on a high setting
- Wash bed linen in hot water regularly
- Dry linen on a high heat setting in a dryer
- Have a good quality mattress protector
- Visually inspect areas of rest
- Vacuum floors regularly and dispose of contents in a sealed garbage bag
Controlling Bed Bugs effectively is no easy task, unless you have the experience.
Australian Pest Solution technicians, have the experience to treat and eliminate your bed bug problems.
Give Australian Pest Solution a call to provide a solution for your bed bug problems. Call today.